Lawpoint thoroughly assesses your business to identify the intricacies of what is required to protect it and help it grow.
This means we build close relationships with our clients by investing the time to get to know your business, its people and overall commercial objectives.
We will then provide strategic advice which is tailored to meet your business’s challenges.
We can also refer you to our strong network of financial and accounting professionals should you require assistance in these areas.
Litigation can be both expensive and time consuming, affecting profitability and productivity. Our aim is to ensure that we can resolve your dispute as quickly and cost effectively as possible, keeping you out of court wherever possible. Dispute resolution options such as mediation will always be explored where appropriate.
However, if court action is necessary we have a wealth of experience including:
• Building and construction
• Contract disputes
• Employment disputes
• Debt recovery
• Intellectual property issues
• General commercial litigation.
A business can always mitigate the risk of litigation through the establishment of risk management tools. Lawpoint can prepare critical tools including policy and procedure documents, terms of trade and employment contracts. These will help to reduce and manage the risk of expensive litigation.
Our services include the drafting of the following:
• Policy and procedure documents including sexual harassment, anti-discrimination, internet use, work health and safety and conflicts of interest.
• Terms of trade.
• Guarantee documents.
• Contracts of employment.
• Sub-contractor agreements.
• Confidentiality agreements.
Employee relations are the lifeblood of every business. It is also a complex area of the law that can lead to numerous pitfalls for businesses who are not properly prepared or advised. Lawpoint offers services in all aspects of employment law, from advice on awards and agreements, preparation of employment agreements and policy and procedure documents. Lawpoint can also effectively represent you in the various Industrial Tribunals and Courts if disputes cannot be resolved by negotiation and agreement.
Lawpoint can assist with:
• Employment contracts
• Independent contractor agreements
• Advice in relation to redundancy or termination of employment
• Advice on awards and agreements.
• Defence of litigation across jurisdictions including unfair dismissal, anti-discrimination and bullying
Lawpoint will advise and assist you with all aspects of commercial property transactions. These include:
• Preparation of leases and associated documents when acting for lessors.
• Review of and advice in relation to leases and other documentation when acting for lessees.
• The preparation or review of contracts for sale of business including freehold interests in land. This includes all necessary documentation and due diligence that must be carefully considered prior to making a financial commitment to a new commercial venture.
• Preparation of contracts for sale of commercial and residential premises.
Businesses rely on cashflow. If you are owed money, Lawpoint will assist you to recover it quickly and efficiently. We will manage all aspects of the process from issuing a letter of demand right through to Court proceedings if a negotiated resolution cannot be reached.
Our services include:
• Letters of demand
• Negotiations seeking recovery of outstanding debts
• Drafting and advising on credit forms and terms of trade
• Drafting statements of claim and other Court documents
• Obtaining default judgments
• Conduct of defended hearings
• Drafting and enforcing security documentation such as mortgages and guarantees and other loan documentation
• Enforcing judgments (writs, garnishees, examinations, instalment orders etc.)
• Negotiated settlements / mediations.
Lawpoint has extensive experience advising Franchisees and Franchisors. Our work in this practice area includes the review and preparation of franchise agreements and disclosure documents, leases and licence agreement, contracts, risk management, employment contracts, dispute resolution, property and more.