Being charged with a criminal offence can be a stressful and frightful experience. When your liberty and reputation are at risk, you should engage the services of a lawyer who can ensure that you receive the best possible legal representation. If necessary, we will utilise the services of specialist criminal law barristers to assist us in the defence of your case. We also have strong working relationships with other reputable experts including psychologists, psychiatrists and more to provide you with the best possible defence.
• Your employment is your livelihood and needs to be protected. This can be before you accept a job, during your employment or in the case of a dispute with your employer or co-workers. Our range of services includes:
• Advising on employment contracts and related awards and industrial instruments.
• Advising on independent contractor agreements.
• Advising on redundancy and termination of employment generally including breach of contract claims.
• Commencing and acting for you in litigation across jurisdictions including unfair dismissal, breach of contract, anti-discrimination and bullying claims.
• Lawpoint will always work towards a resolution outside of Court. However if this is unavoidable, we will effectively represent you in the various courts and tribunals to ensure that your rights are properly protected.
When you face a large and well-funded defendant, you need your lawyers to possess experience, expertise and skill. Our lawyers have achieved many significant and successful outcomes for people who have suffered financial and physical detriment as a result of someone else’s negligence.
We have acted in numerous matters involving large insurers and governments as defendants. Our team is tenacious and dedicated, with the necessary skills and expertise to ensure that you receive a just outcome.
We act in all aspects of personal injury compensation including motor vehicle accidents, public liability claims and workers compensation matters.
We strive to resolve matters by negotiation and avoid the need for our clients to become involved in costly and stressful litigation.
We are willing to dedicate ourselves to your cause and to achieving the best possible outcome for you. Where required, we can draw on like-minded and highly experienced junior and senior barristers (including Senior Counsel) to support the case through litigation.
We also offer a no win-no fee costs arrangement on a case by case basis and will advise you upfront as to whether this arrangement will apply to your matter.
If you’re buying or selling your home or investment property, it is essential that you obtain clear advice that makes you aware of what you need to do to protect one of your most valuable assets.
Lawpoint can review the necessary reports such as pest, building and strata reports before you buy. Contracts are thoroughly scrutinised and the transaction rigorously investigated before exchange of contracts.
If you are selling your property, we will prepare a thorough contract which will protect your rights.
Lawpoint can not only assist you with buying or selling your property but can also prepare and/or advise on other property transactions such as transfers of property to related parties, valuations, mortgages and security documents and planning issues.
Families come in many different shapes and sizes, and may go through re-shaping and re-sizing over time. The law is there to protect you and your relationships throughout this natural cycle. Lawpoint can advise you on all aspects of family law, for all types of families including same sex couples.
• Binding financial agreements (commonly known as prenuptial agreements).
• Parenting orders.
• Property / financial orders.
• Property and separation issues for de-facto and same sex couples.
Separation or divorce is painful. Lawpoint aims to resolve your matter as quickly and cost effectively as possible to ensure that you are able to move on with your life and get your personal life back on track.
We will explore every way possible to ensure the quick, fair and cost effective resolution of your matter. If court proceedings become unavoidable, we will provide strong representation. We also work closely with numerous highly experienced junior and senior barristers (including Senior Counsel) where required.