- About Lawpoint
- Business Matters
- Debt Collection Lawyers
- Defending Claims for Debt Recovery
- Drafting and Advising on Credit Forms and Terms of Trade
- Drafting and Enforcing Security Documentation
- Drafting Statements of Claim and Other Court Documents
- Enforcing Judgements
- Issuing Garnishee Notices, Writs for the Levy of Property or Land to Enforce Judgement
- Letters of Demand
- Negotiations Seeking Recovery of Outstanding Debts
- Negotiated Settlements/Mediations
- Obtaining Default Judgement
- Learn More
- Commercial Litigation Lawyers
- Employer Lawyers
- Franchise Lawyers
- General Commercial Lawyers
- Asset protection and business structure
- Confidentiality agreements
- Contracts of employment
- General legal advice and legal services
- Guarantee documents
- Partnership agreements
- Policy and procedure documents
- Preparation of loan agreements, mortgages, and other security documents
- Risk management
- Shareholder agreements
- Sub-contractor agreements
- Terms and conditions of trade
- Learn More
- Commercial Property Lawyers
- Large scale development properties including put and call options, contracts and stakeholder agreements
- Mortgages and security documents
- Planning issues
- Property development issues
- Property disputes
- Property leasing
- Purchase or sale of property
- Strata issues
- Transfers of property to related parties
- Learn More
- Debt Collection Lawyers
- Personal Matters
- Compensation Solicitors
- Criminal Lawyers
- Family Law Solicitors
- Litigation Lawyers
- Property Lawyers
- Solicitor for Wills and Probate
- Client Reviews
Workers Compensation Lawyers
Have you been injured or developed an illness at work? If so, you may be entitled to workers compensation and should see a workers comp lawyer.
Everyone deserves to be safe at work, but sometimes, a worker may suffer an injury or illness at work which has devastating financial consequences. Injuries can occur when accidents happen such as slipping and falling at work but they can also occur through the nature and conditions of a worker’s employment, such as repetitive lifting. In the most serious cases, injuries can happen due to unsafe work environments or the negligence of an employer.
If you have been injured or become sick at work, you may be entitled to injury compensation. The workers compensation system in NSW is complicated. Understanding your rights can be difficult and confusing. Lawpoint’s experienced workers compensation lawyers Sydney can help protect your rights and make a claim for the workers compensation you are entitled to including:
- Weekly payments of compensation for lost income due to your injury or illness;
- Payment of your medical and out of pocket expenses incurred due to your injury or illness;
- If you have suffered a permanent impairment as a result of your injury or illness, we can help you make a claim for lump-sum compensation for that permanent impairment; and
- In some cases, you might be able to sue an employer for negligence that caused your injury or illness. These types of claims permit injured workers to sue for further lump sum compensation, which can be significant.
Our expert workers compensation lawyers can also help you challenge decisions made by insurance companies to refuse or stop payments of compensation.
What happens if I have a permanent impairment?
If your injury or illness has resulted in permanent impairment, you may be able to make a claim for lump sum compensation arising from what is known as your “whole person impairment”.
The degree of whole person impairment is assessed by an approved specialist who is trained to make assessments under the Workcover Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. Lump sum compensation is payable depending on the degree of your impairment.
Strict time limits apply
There are strict time limits for claiming workers compensation. That’s why it is important to call our experienced workers compensation lawyers as soon as possible after you have suffered your injury at work. We will ensure that the time sensitive lodgement dates for your claim are met.
No win, no fee workers compensation claims.
Have you been injured at work and have questions about personal injury lawyer cost? Contact our law firm today. It will cost you nothing for Lawpoint to provide you with an initial obligation-free assessment of your workers compensation claim. There are no upfront costs to you. If your workers compensation claim proceeds, we will apply to the Independent Review Office for approval of funding to cover our legal fees, so that there is no cost to you.
We care about your personal situation
We understand the serious impacts that a work injury can have. We take the time to understand your personal circumstances and the impact of your injury on you and your family. We look beyond the obvious injuries and investigate the full impact of your injury at work to make sure that you claim everything that you are entitled to.
Why choose Lawpoint?
News & Views
Stay on top of the law and how
it applies to your life or business.
Have a personal legal matter you need help with? Contact us now.