- About Lawpoint
- Business Matters
- Debt Collection Lawyers
- Defending Claims for Debt Recovery
- Drafting and Advising on Credit Forms and Terms of Trade
- Drafting and Enforcing Security Documentation
- Drafting Statements of Claim and Other Court Documents
- Enforcing Judgements
- Issuing Garnishee Notices, Writs for the Levy of Property or Land to Enforce Judgement
- Letters of Demand
- Negotiations Seeking Recovery of Outstanding Debts
- Negotiated Settlements/Mediations
- Obtaining Default Judgement
- Learn More
- Commercial Litigation Lawyers
- Employer Lawyers
- Franchise Lawyers
- General Commercial Lawyers
- Asset protection and business structure
- Confidentiality agreements
- Contracts of employment
- General legal advice and legal services
- Guarantee documents
- Partnership agreements
- Policy and procedure documents
- Preparation of loan agreements, mortgages, and other security documents
- Risk management
- Shareholder agreements
- Sub-contractor agreements
- Terms and conditions of trade
- Learn More
- Commercial Property Lawyers
- Large scale development properties including put and call options, contracts and stakeholder agreements
- Mortgages and security documents
- Planning issues
- Property development issues
- Property disputes
- Property leasing
- Purchase or sale of property
- Strata issues
- Transfers of property to related parties
- Learn More
- Debt Collection Lawyers
- Personal Matters
- Compensation Solicitors
- Criminal Lawyers
- Family Law Solicitors
- Litigation Lawyers
- Property Lawyers
- Solicitor for Wills and Probate
- Client Reviews
If a healthcare provider, such as a doctor, specialist or physiotherapist causes you to suffer an injury while you under their care due to a failure to treat you with reasonable skill and care, you may be able to make a claim against that person for compensation. This is commonly known as medical negligence or medical malpractice.
Medical negligence is a very complicated area of the law and therefore if this has affected you, you will need an experienced medical negligence lawyer to help you get compensation. Medical negligence claims are varied and Lawpoint is able to expertly assist you with medical negligence cases such as:
- misdiagnosis or a delay in diagnosis;
- Incorrect treatment;
- Failure to refer for specialist advice or investigations;
- Errors during surgery;
- Failures to properly warn of risks associated with surgical procedures;
- Problems experienced during pregnancy and birth, including stillbirths or injury or disability caused to the foetus.
Personal Injury Lawyers that get you the compensation you deserve
Injuries can happen during medical treatment, even when you receive appropriate care. However, if that care falls short of an acceptable standard for a healthcare provider, you may be entitled to compensation.
In order to establish that a healthcare provider has been negligent, you need to prove that:
- The service or treatment fell short of the standard of care and skill that a reasonable provider would have given in the same circumstances; and
- You would have avoided the injury if the care had met that standard.
If medical negligence can be proved, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past loss of income;
- Future loss of income;
- Loss of superannuation;
- Past expenses incurred including treatment expenses;
- Future expenses incurred including treatment expenses;
- Pain and suffering and the loss of enjoyment of life;
- Care provided to you by a professional, family member or friend to assist you with tasks of a domestic and personal nature that you can no longer do;
Our medical negligence lawyers and hospital negligence lawyers will have a meeting with you to determine the strength of your claim and how to strategically resolve your claim which may include seeking to settle a medical negligence claim without having to go to court.
Lawpoint are experienced personal injury lawyers with extensive experience in complex negligence cases. Our focus is on you, the client. We understand how stressful and potentially life changing medical negligence can be. We stand by your side, doing everything we can to make sure you get the justice you deserve.
We have a fantastic team of lawyers, barristers and medical experts who will work collaboratively for the best result. You can be sure that at Lawpoint, you’ll get the best legal advice.
no fee legal costs.
Our medical negligence lawyers will take on your case on a no win no fee basis (as do all of the barristers in our network). This means that unless you are successful and receive compensation, you will not pay any of our legal fees or barrister’s fees. If your case is successful, you will receive compensation and we will get paid for our work.
In addition to our fees, we may incur what are known as disbursements. These include expenses for medical reports, clinical notes or expert reports. Sometimes these are payable by you or sometimes we may agree to meet these disbursements initially. We will discuss these options with you when you meet with us.
Why choose Lawpoint?
News & Views
Stay on top of the law and how
it applies to your life or business.
Have a personal legal matter you need help with? Contact us now.