Important request for information on brother “Crispin” Hopson
Lawpoint is currently investigating Brother Kevin Hopson also known as Brother “Crispin” who was a former member of the Marist Brothers.
Brother Crispin Hopson taught at numerous Marist Brothers schools in NSW and the ACT including as Superior and Principal. He taught/served at the following schools (approximate dates):
- 1964+: Marist Primary Lidcombe (Superior and Principal)
- 1968+: Marist College Canberra (Superior, Bursar, Foundation Principal)
- 1974+: Sacred Heart Primary, Mosman (Assistant Superior, Deputy Principal, Superior and Principal)
- 1989+: Marist Primary, Daceyville (Superior, Bursar, Principal)
- 1993+: St Michael’s School, Daceyville (Superior, Principal)
- 1994+: Marist College Canberra (Superior)
- 1995: Marist Brothers North Sydney (Superior, Bursar)
- 1996+: Marist Brothers Randwick (Community Support, Bursar, retired).
The Royal Commission heard evidence of allegations that when he was Superior of Scared Heart Mosman, Brother Hopson (and the Marist Brothers more broadly) protected a well known child abuser, Brother Gregory Sutton. Brother Sutton was subsequently convicted of numerous child abuse offences.
Numerous former students have now made allegations that Brother Crispin Hopson was himself abusing children whilst he was at Sacred Heart Mosman.
We are currently representing a client who has made allegations that he was sexually abused by Brother Crispin Hopson while our client was at Sacred Heart Primary School Mosman.
We are seeking the assistance of any other person who may have been abused by Brother Hopson. Or any person who knows of any such abuse (such as a parent or relative of a victim of abuse).
Your information with be kept in the strictest of confidence. We will also provide advice to you about your options if you were a victim of abuse by Brother Hopson.
Have child abuse information for our lawyers?
If you have any information, please contact us using the email form below. Your submission will be held in the strictest of confidence. If you prefer to call, please contact Romeo El Daghl on 02 9517 1887 or email [email protected]